Here’s the Tokyo version of the WHD Dance. It is one of 32 videos that I’ve received so far for the WHD Dance compilation video.
Our World Hoop Day event on Saturday raised over 55,000 yen (about $720) to send hoops to kids in Tohoku and on the Peace Boat, and we also decorated and donated 25 hoops that day. I wil be shipping those hoops up to our partners in Tohoku later this week. Thank you everyone for your generosity!
Some highlights of the day, from my perspective:
- Hooping with a blind woman and her guide
- Surprise appearance by John Politowski
- Naomi’s beautiful sign explaining our charity project
- The park cops shutting us down for having a sign and an amp (stupid rules!); sad faces and no music for ten minutes, then it was back to normal…without the sign.
- Flowers from my “video crew” from the Welcome to Tokyo video
- Giving a club of Lomographers something to film with our hooping
- The sun shining after a day of hard rain – teru teru bozu power
- Giving and receiving dozens of hugs and kisses
- Busting out the tandem hoop and finally figuring out how to make it work every time with new partners
- Meeting photographer Robert Stacy of Visualwhiplash.com, who shot these great photos of our dance: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mediatinker/sets/72157628009045523/